FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Super Diesel Shootout™ sponsored by Shell Rotella®
Tulsa Raceway Park
Tulsa, Oklahoma, September 20-21, 2013
Celebrate the culture of Diesel Performance enthusiasts as Source Interlink Media’s
8-Lug HD Truck magazine presents the Super Diesel Shootout™ sponsored by Shell Rotella®. Open to the public, the Super Diesel Shootout is a two-day celebration of diesel power, durability and capability experienced through Olympic-style events. It takes place at the Tulsa Raceway Park, September 20 and 21, 2013 in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
The two-day event will take form in three categories for diesel trucks: Motorsports (3 sub-categories: Drag Racing, Shop Truck Challenge, Sled Pull 101 Class), Technology Transfer, and Show-‘n’-Shine Event. A Mud Bog will be open to gasoline and diesel trucks. Day 1 will be the qualifying round and Day 2 will be the actual competition where diesel trucks will compete in 5 events (scores equally weighted) for the highest score.
Five Classes include:
• Bracket Racing
• Manual Transmission - Heads-up
• Grudge Match – Heads-up
• Big Rig Showdown
• Exhibition (Unlimited big rigs, jet-powered vehicles, and diesel dragsters)
- Dirt Sled Pull 101: Learn to sled pull with your truck
- Shop Truck Challenge: Dyno,1/4-mile drag race, Sled Pull
- Paid Public Dyno Sessions
- Technology Transfer: On-site Oil Analysis, Vendor Row, Shell Oil Symposium
- Show-n-Shine: Outstanding vehicle presentation, appearance and design
FOR A COMPLETE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS PLEASE GO TO 8-LUG.COM/SUPERDIESEL
Friday, September 20
• Registration and Tech begins: 10:00am
• Gates Open to Spectators at 12:00pm
• Dyno Opens at 1:00pm
• Sled Pull 101 and Mud Bog.
Saturday, September 21 8:00am – 10:30pm
• Gates Open at 8:00am
• Show-n-Shine vehicles to be parked by 9:00am, Judging completed at 2:00pm, Awards at 3:00pm
• Shop Truck Challenge:
- Dyno begins at 8:00am
- Drag Racing begins at 2:00pm
- Sled Pull begins at 6:00pm
• Drag Racing for five classes begins at 9:00am
• Sled Pull 101 begins at 11:00am
• Shell Diesel Oil Symposium at 1:00pm
• Oil Analysis available from 7:00am-7:00pm
• Exhibition Drag Racing throughout the day
• Mud Bog TBD
Tulsa Raceway Park: 3101 N. Garnett, Tulsa, OK 74116 tulsaracewaypark.com / (918) 437-RACE
The official hotel: Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa North/Owasso 9009 N 121st East Ave, Owasso, OK 74055. (919) 609-6700 www.hamptoninn.com. Additional hotels are found on Tulsa Raceway Park’s website: tulsaracewaypark.com/general/hotels.
Participant entries are being accepted! Preregistration is $50 through 9/17/13, or you may register your vehicle for $60 on-site beginning Friday, September 20th at 12:00pm. Registration includes the vehicle and driver. To pre-register please go to 8-lug.com/superdiesel and click the registration link. NOTE: You must read and understand the event Rules prior to registration.
Tickets available at the event:
• Ages 13 and older……….$10
• Ages 12 and younger……Free with paid adult
PARTICIPANT CREDENTIAL PICKUP:
Credentials can only be picked up by the registered participant on site at Tulsa Raceway Park beginning Friday September 20 at 10:00 a.m. Please bring your VALID driver’s license and proof of insurance, and be prepared to undergo tech inspection as applicable (see Rules). All entrants registering must be 18 years or older. Additional passengers age 13 or over riding in the vehicle will be required to purchase separate admission.
8 Lug HD Truck, Diesel Power, Work Truck Review, Truckin’, 4 Wheel & Off-Road, Four Wheeler and more.
SIM/Sponsor reserves the right, in the exercise of its reasonable discretion, to deny or suspend participation in Sponsor’s event at any time to any person or entity based on: (a) a violation of the event rules; (b) conduct detrimental to the event or to the good will or image of Sponsor; (c) such person’s or entity’s failure to comply with any criteria, including the payment of any entry fees; or (d) any other conduct by such person or entity that Sponsor reasonably determines is unsuitable for the event or potentially damaging to the reputation of the event and/or Sponsor.